Saturday, May 19, 2012

The wonders of Grapefruit seed extract

I thought I'd share a product I love with you all!

Most of my life I have gotten chronic sinus infections...usually every other month! I was so sick of being sick!

A few months ago, both my mom and sister-in-law suggested a grapefruit seed extract supplement to help with sinus troubles. I am always up for trying natural remedies. Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is said to possess antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. Before I had time to look into it much further, my SIL sent Nutribiotic nasal spray with GSE. I began to use it daily. That was probably January. I have not been sick since using it.

Here is some info I found about GSE...of course, with any information online you need to research further and talk with your doctor before making any changes to your medical routine.

Grapefruit Seed Extract is associated with the following potential health benefits:
"Powerful natural antiseptic.
Antiviral and anti-fungal agent.
Possible anti-cancer properties.
Promotes the healing of wounds and scar tissue.
Possible cholesterol-lowering properties due to the presence of the flavanoid naringin (a well-known plasma lipid reducer and plasma antioxidant activator).
Excellent remedy for toenail fungal infections.
Treatment for sinus, vaginal and topical skin infections.
Evironmentally-friendly fruit and vegetable wash for removing toxins.
Effective preventative for Candida and other forms of yeast infection.
Inhibits the formation of harmful intestinal organisms, including Giardia, without reducing levels of healthy bowel flora.
Acts as a natural preservative for cosmetics.
Can replace chlorine in swimming pools, public baths, water and sewage treatment centers, and it also used as a general water-purifying mechanism.
May reduce chances of developing coronary heart disease in high-risk patients due to high pectin content in Grapefruit seed extract.
Possible anti-biotic activity.
Aids to alkalize the body, and is one of the world's most alkaline forming foods, helping to stabilize acidic pH levels, a central component for health rejuvenation.
Great general immune system booster."

I also regularly use a neti pot, this helps tremendously.

I hope by passing this information on, it may help someone else. ;)

2 comments:

  1. *hugs* glad it's working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have outdone yourself this time. It is probably the best, most short step by step guide that I have ever seen. 犀利士的副作用

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!