Sunday, March 18, 2012

Goodbye 20's, Hello 30's!

Well it will officially be my birthday by the time I finish writing this...I will be 30 years old.

I have never cared about getting older or gray hair and the big 3-0 hasn't bugged me before, but today all of a sudden I felt so sad about it. Not sure why exactly...maybe grieving the closing of another decade and chapter of my life. Maybe it's the missed opportunities and regrets that I cannot get back; the what ifs, what could have beens and the I should'ves...

Here are some thoughts...

What have I done with 30 years?
What kind of impact has my life made?
Am I where I want to be and where God wants me to be in life?
Am I living fully for Him?

I like birthdays (and new years) because it is a time of reflecting and making goals and looking forward to the new adventures ahead. So I was thinking I should set some goals for the areas I feel are not where they should be. At this point I have no idea what my goals are going to be or need to be for the next year of my life or next decade! I will share them at some point when I figure it out a little more.

What kinds of goals have you set before?

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:13-16 NIV84)

Thank you God for another year of life!

Blessed,

Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday!!! I turn 30 at the end of the year and I've really been trying to make this MY year. I think it's because we've reached a stage where we aren't "the young whippersnappers" and we are wiser... more aware of how our life impacts others, etc... Hope you've had a great day in your new decade!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!